WE NEED A NEW EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
The Thai-Finnish Chamber of Commerce is looking for a motivated, entrepreneurial and results- oriented person as its new Executive Director. Our present ED Mr. Karri Kivela, having worked 5 years for our Chamber, will return to Finland by May this year.
The Executive Director runs a small office and reports to the President and the Board of Directors of the Thai-Finnish Chamber of Commerce. The Executive Director oversees all Chamber activities including:
* Leadership, planning, organization and control
* Being the Chamber’s main contact with members, both potential new members and maintaining contact with existing members.
* Overall performance and economic result. The economic result shall be coordinated with the outsourced accounting function and the Treasurer
* Responsibility for Budget and Business Plan as well as AGM presentations, both visual and financial versions
* Event management of the Chamber’s own events as well as events run in co-operation with other organizations
* Represent the TFCC in various meetings and seminars that are of importance to the Chamber
* Overall responsibility for communication on the Chamber’s website as well other media
* Generate income for the Chamber by soliciting sponsors and partners
* Agenda and minutes from Board Meetings and follow-up
We are looking for a person with the following skills:
* Preferably Bachelor’s Degree in Economics or Business Administration or equivalent
* Minimum two years of experience in office administration and management
* Ability to work effectively and in collaboration with individuals of various backgrounds, nationalities and cultures
* Being professionally representative and able to interact with senior business leaders and high-level government officials
* Energetic, enthusiastic, pleasant personality, self-motivated and service minded, good communicator
* Excellent command of spoken and written English. Finnish and/or Thai language skills are advantageous, but not a requirement
* Experience with development, maintenance and posting of webpage content, social media management, online and offline marketing and/or event management will be a strong asset
The Thai-Finnish Chamber of Commerce (TFCC) is a member-driven, non-profit, non-governmental organization, which was initially founded as the Thai-Finnish Trade Association in 1988 with the aim of facilitating trade and investment between Thailand and Finland. The organization expanded into a Thai-Finnish Chamber of Commerce in 1992. TFCC is dedicated to the promotion, advancement and protection of its members’ business interest as well as commercial relations between Thailand and Finland. TFCC shares this mission with other Finnish Chambers and Business Councils in the region and is an active partner in the Team Finland work and with the Embassy of Finland in particular.
TFCC office is located in Forum Tower, near by the Huai Kwang MTR station with easy access to different parts of Bangkok.
The Chamber can offer an exciting job with a variety of work tasks. The successful candidate will get invaluable international work experience and will be able to build a professional and social network.
Visa and Work Permit will be provided by the Chamber, if required. Send your application including a recent résumé by e-mail to by 11.3.2019. Please send your application as soon as possible – applications will be reviewed continuously, and the position might be filled before the application deadline.
For questions on the position please contact , or by phone +6661 7086006.