TFCC President’s Letter – 4th of June
Dear Fellow Members,
Here are my thoughts today and some information about our events in June 2020.
FOURTH OF JUNE
Today is the birthday of Carl Gustaf Emil Mannerheim, the most famous military leader and former president of Finland, who helped Finland earn its independence.
The occasion is also celebrated as the Flag Day of The Finnish Defence Forces. The military reserve forces and reserve officers are an important part of The Finnish Defence Forces. The Finnish military national defence is based on the civic duty of military service. Once you have completed the conscript service part of the liability for military service, you will be mustered out in the Finnish Defence Forces’ reserve. Most of the conscripts, who are trained to be officers, graduate from the Reserve Officer School (Reserviupseerikoulu) which is a part of Army Academy and where they receive leadership training. Since 1920 the Reserve Officer School has trained over 175,000 reserve officers for the Finnish Defence Forces reserve.
Thank you Marshal Mannerheim and The Finnish Defense Forces for the Independence of Finland and congratulations the Reserve Office School for 100 years of leadership training!
NEW CORPORATE MEMBERS
- Lunawood Oy brings the heart of the forest into everyone’s life through their product Lunawood Thermowood.
- Aneo Software Oy helps O&M teams to execute strategic maintenance programs by providing their cloud based CMMS software service to keep operations up and running 24/7.
Welcome to our chamber!
TFCC EVENTS & WEBINARS 2020
The first TFCC Webinar: “Channel Sales in Asia” was organised on 13 May 2020 and facilitated by Asian Insiders
- TFCC Advisor and former president Mr. Jari Hietala and his partners Mr. Pietro Karjalainen and Mr. Volker Friedrich from Asian Insiders conducted the webinar online.
- Almost 30 participants received information about “How to Develop Your Sales via Third Party Sales Channels?”
A new TFCC webinar is coming up on 15 June 2020 from 12:30 pm to 1:30 pm
- Thailand’s Education Sector: An Update of Developments and Opportunities for Finnish Companies
- Practical guidance for Finnish entrepreneurs who think of expanding into Thailand’s growing market post COVID-19
- The webinar will be organised in collaboration with The Embassy of Finland to Thailand and Education Finland.
- Registration will open soon here: https://thaifin.org/events-catalog/
Other webinars co-branded by TFCC
- 04 June 2020: COVID-19 Opportunities and Investment Support Measures for Medical Industry in Thailand
- 10 June 2020: COVID-19 Opportunities and Investment Support Measures for Bio-Circular-Green (BCG) Economy in Thailand
- 11 June 2020: Series of Crisis Management Webinars – Episode III: Crisis Management vs Reality: Lessons Learnt
Other up-coming TFCC events planned for now are:
- 21 September 2020: TFCC Annual Ordinary General Meeting
- 21 November 2020: TFCC Open Golf Tournament 2020 (The Ambassador’s Cup)
- 28 November 2020: TFCC Pre-Christmas Party
Please, follow our website, Facebook and LinkedIn sites for all up-coming events at
- TFCC website: https://thaifin.org/coming-events/
- TFCC Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pg/Thaifinnish/events/
- TFCC LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/tfcc/
Looking forward to seeing you at these events!
My next letter will come out in July.
I hope that the Cabinet will decide to end the national state of emergency and related measures in the end of June 2020.
Until then stay safe and enjoy your life with friends and family!