TFCC is much more than just a chamber of commerce. TFCC is at the core of the Finnish-Thai business ecosystem.
TFCC is connecting members and partners to services and information of the Finnish embassy, the rest of Team Finland, business advisors, experts, service providers, Joint Foreign Chambers of Commerce in Thailand (JFCCT), European Association for Business and Commerce (EABC), EU delegation, Nordic co-operation and other national chambers.
Our services are divided into four main categories:
- Business mentoring. As a TFCC member you can get at your own request on free of charge- basis a team of 2-3 mentors to share their knowledge and experience with you, which is relevant to your situation. Mentoring topics can be for example related to:
- Thailand market entry/business development
- How to deal with the local authorities
- Operational issues
- Industry- specific knowledge (for example energy, ICT, healthcare etc.)
- Market entry services. Market entry services are provided by TFCC member consultants and other service providers. Typical content:
- Partner search
- Setting up a company
- Legal services
- Accounting services
- Recruiting services
- Digital marketing services
- “Welcome to Thailand” service
- Newcomers, individuals and companies alike, need basic services before and upon arrival and want to establish their life and business as fast and smoothly as possible.
- Applying for visa, work permit, driving license, for example, and looking for a place to stay, put kids to school, open a bank account, get insurance, sign up at a hospital, want to make new friends, etc. are basic needs and wants of newcomers.
- TFCC office provides free mentoring service and act as a guide to smooth entry to Thailand for every new member who wants this service.
- Thematic events for members and partners
- TFCC own events including TFCC member events organized by the Embassy of Finland
- Nordic Chamber events targeted to Nordic chambers’ members
- Events organized by any other chamber in Thailand – co hosted by TFCC
- JFCCT, EABC or Thai government organization events where TFCC members have access
Networking & Visibility
- TFCC goes to members. Whenever feasible TFCC wants to connect services of any member to the rest of TFCC network. For example we organize excursion trips to meet a member, “The Member of the Month” publicity at TFCC website etc. Please follow-up TFCC home pages and Facebook on upcoming activities.
- Nordic CEO roundtable. This service is designed exclusively to top executives of leading Nordic companies in Thailand. Attendance is restricted and is on invitation- basis only.
- Thematic events for members by TFCC, Nordic Chambers or other network partners. Please Follow-up TFCC homepages and Facebook to get information on upcoming events.
- Publications, TFCC homepages, Social Media feeds.
- Social events for members and their families. For example Vappu- party, Pre-Christmas Party, monthly pub- evenings etc. Please Follow-up TFCC homepages and Facebook to get information on upcoming events.
Team Finland Services
TFCC can assist you to connect to any relevant Team Finland service in Thailand, in the region or in Finland.
- Team Finland internationalisation test. https://oma.yrityssuomi.fi/kansainvalistymistesti. Are you ready for Thailand? Do have what it takes to succeed? You may carry out a self evaluation test before meeting a TFCC representative.
- Market opportunities in Thailand. Thailand related Team Finland’s reports and identified sales and business opportunities can be found from Team Finland Market Opportunities site.
- Financing. Funding for internationalisation and business development
- Networks & official contacts. For example door opening services towards local authorities and problem solving with Thai authorities
- Visibility. For example using embassy’s premises for company high level meetings
Advocacy & Lobbying
TFCC can assist you to connect to the work of our partner organizations who focus on advocacy work and lobbying on behalf of the foreign business community in Thailand. For most companies this works happens behind the scenes, but is hugely important for all of us working and living in Thailand. TFCC’s partners in this work are:
- European Association for Business and Commerce (EABC)
- Joint Foreign Chambers of Commerce in Thailand (JFCCT)
- EU Delegation to Thailand
EABC also runs several sector specific working groups promoting the interests of European companies in Thailand towards the Thai authorities. Currently there are the following working groups: