TFCC President’s Letter – May Day 2020
Dear Fellow Members,
Happy May Day!
I think we were all looking for the end of the national state of emergency and celebrate May Day (Vappu) today; however, at the end of April, the government spokesperson announced that the Cabinet has decided to extend the national state of emergency and related measures, which include maintaining border closures and the current 10 pm to 4 am curfew until 31 May 2020.
Unfortunately we had to cancel our traditional annual Vappu Party 2020, but don’t worry, Vappu comes again next year!
Patience is a virtue so let’s be patient and build up our resilience while working at home and staying with our friends and families …
That was the bad news and now to the good news …
- Our accounting service supplier KlarACC, who is also our corporate member, took over the secretarial and administrative services from our office manager.
- Our private office room for two was downgraded to open office space for one to save cost.
- Our address remains the same; however, we don’t have office phone number anymore, only mobile.
Our vice president and treasurer Mr. Antti Rahikainen and executive director Mr. Teuvo Tuomi have done a great job negotiating new agreements with KlarACC and IW Serviced Office!
A new TFCC webinar is coming up on 13 May 2020 at 4:00 – 5:30 pm
- Our former president and current advisor to the board, Mr. Jari Hietala and his partners at Asian Insiders will facilitate a webinar about Channels Sales in Asia – How to develop your sales vie third party sales channels? More detailed information about the webinar is here: https://thaifin.org/events/channel-sales-in-asia/
- Registration is open here: https://tfcc.eventbank.com/event/channel-sales-in-asia-22136/
- Our members and the members of the co-branding foreign chambers of commerce can get a 10% discount code from their respective executive directors.
- Please, register and join the webinar as soon as possible!
Other up-coming TFCC events planned for now are:
- TFCC Annual Ordinary General Meeting on 21 September 2020
- TFCC Open Golf Tournament 2020 (The Ambassador’s Cup) on 21 November 2020
- TFCC Pre-Christmas Party on 28 November 2020
Please, book these dates in your calendars!
TFCC is co-branding a few webinars to be organized by other foreign chambers of commerce in Thailand
Please, follow our website, Facebook and LinkedIn sites for all up-coming events at
- TFCC website: https://thaifin.org/coming-events/
- TFCC Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pg/Thaifinnish/events/
- TFCC LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/events/channelsalesinasia/
Looking forward to seeing you at these events!
My next letter will come out in June.
I hope that the Cabinet will decide to end the national state of emergency and related measures in the end of May 2020.
Until then stay safe and enjoy your life with friends and family!